Here are some tips for English pronunciation:
1. Do not confuse pronunciation of words with their spelling! For example, "threw" and "through", although spelled differently, are pronounced the same. Also, identical letters or letter clusters in words do not always produce the same sound. For example, the "ough" in "though" and "through" represents a different sound in each word. Learn to practise what you hear, not what you see.
2. Imagine a sound in your mind before you say it. Try to visualize the positioning of your mouth and face. Think about how you are going to make the sound.
3. Listen to and try to imitate each word when listening the radio or watching tv. In addition to listening for specific sounds, pay attention to pauses, the intonation of the declaimer's voice and patterns of emphasis. This can be just as important as the pronunciation of sounds.
4. The English language has many different dialects, and words can be pronounced differently. It is important, however, that you pronounce words clearly to ensure effective communication.
5. Finally, you must practise what you are learning! Remember that you are teaching your mouth a new way to move. You are building muscles that you do not use in your own language. It is like going to the gym and exercising your body. Use the program to exercise your mouth a little bit each day.
Free English Practice Online
English Spelling Practice
English Comprehensive Practice
English Reading Comprehension Practice
English Vocabulary Practice
English Grammar Practice
English Typing Practice
English Word Search
English Situational Conversation
English Background Reading Materials
English Irregular Verb Practice